So, I am all about easy. Life gets busy — especially during the week — and if you are like me the last thing I feel like doing is slaving away in the kitchen after work. That’s why I try to prepare some healthy meals at the beginning of the week that are easy to heat up. This has saved me countless times from grabbing an unhealthy take-out meal on my way home from work.
My Super Easy Super Healthy Pesto Tomato, Broccoli and Chicken Pasta still tastes amazing after freezing or being kept in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat just throw it in the pan, add a little bit of water, add your parmesan cheese, and you’re ready to eat!
I try to eat the pasta noodles in moderation and load up with lots of veggies/protein to really balance this dish out. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of whole wheat or gluten free of any shape pasta
- 1 cup pasta water
- 2 large garlic cloves or minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp of pesto
- 1 lb. of chicken cut into cubes
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- ½ of sun-dried tomatoes and sliced thinly
- 2 cups of broccoli florets and cut them in halves
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- Cook pasta as per package instructions, save one cup of the pasta water, drain pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat a large deep skillet on medium heat and add olive oil and start to cook your chicken. When the chicken is done, set aside. Add more olive oil, garlic and saute for about one minute stirring frequently. Then add 1 tbsp of pesto, tomatoes and stir. Cook for another minute or 2. After, set aside and add another tbsp of pesto and broccoli, stir, and cook for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the remaining about of pesto, sundried tomatoes, salt pepper and pasta water. Mix all together and let everything blend together. Do not cover skillet or you may overcook the broccoli.
- If you are going to serve right awaym add the parmesan cheese and if you are going to wait then hold off until then. Enjoy!
Serving Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving= 1 + ⅓ cups
Total fat: 11.6 g
Cholesterol: 6.7 g
Sodium: 423.5 mg
Total Carbs: 26.3 g
Fiber: 4.3 g
Protein: 9.3 g